Today Facebook announced the App Center which will be released in coming weeks. Facebook app center will become a new place for people to find social apps.
For the over 900 million people that use Facebook, the App Center will become the new, central place to find great apps like Draw Something, Pinterest, Spotify, Battle Pirates, Viddy, and Bubble Witch Saga.
In the coming weeks, people will be able to access the App Center on the web and in the iOS and Android Facebook apps.
In the App Center, all apps are sorted into following categories: Games, Communications, Facebook, Lifestyle, Music, News, Photos & Video. Sports, Travel & Location, TV & Movies and Utilities.
Facebook App center also offers paid apps, so it look like very similar to the Android Google Play or Apple App Store. From now more than 200 apps are integrated with the App Center and each has more than one million active users.
In today announcement, facebook invites to developers to submit images and copy, so that their apps can consider featuring on Facebook. For this Facebook has created an App Center guidelines page for app submission and eligibility criteria, According to facebook following apps will be considered:
- An app on Facebook.com in a canvas page
- A mobile app built for the web, iOS or Android that uses Facebook Login
- A website that uses Facebook Login and has an immediately logged-in, personalized experience (see App Quality for more info)
- An App for Pages built to manage or enhance other companies’ Facebook Pages
- After creating an application, developers will need to follow these guidelines when creating their app detail pages.
- Display Name – Use the exact name of your app, with no extra words or characters.
- Short & Detailed Descriptions – Describe how your app works and what makes it unique. Be accurate, so people aren’t surprised when they start using it. Use standard spelling, grammar and capitalization. Don’t include URLs, excessive punctuation, price information, keyword lists or non-standard symbols.
- Category & Subcategory – Select a category that most people would expect. See the category descriptions for more information.
- Icons – Upload attractive, relevant, original icons. Icons should be simple and free of visual clutter (for example, buttons or additional info). Different-sized icons should be similar, with no distortion and pixilation.
- Cover Image – Choose an image that conveys what your app is all about. Use simple imagery that people will easily recognize, with limited text, shadows, and distracting patterns. Don’t use arrows or other references to the buttons below your cover image to encourage people to install your app.
- Small and Large Banners – Drive people to your app detail page with visually compelling images that clearly show the name of your app. Don’t include buttons, URLs, excess text, promotions, or price information.
- Screenshots – Show off unique and engaging parts of your app, and demonstrate how the app is social. Don’t use images that are unrelated, misleading, or dramatically different from what most users experience.
- Images (general) – Don’t put calls to action (for example, “Click here” or “Play now”) or arrows to Facebook UI elements in your images.
After launching App Center, It will help to reduced the spam apps, Currently on Facebook almost all scams are spreaded through apps, What’s your views on App Center.