Many time like any other software our browser also be vulnerable and the hackers find the easy target for malicious activity. There are multiple reasons when your browser could be vulnerable such as,
Your browser installation could contain a software issue that makes it vulnerable to malicious activity. You could also be running an outdated version of the browser or its plugins.
So to find the vulnerability in your browser and it’s plugins use Qualys BrowserCheck.
Qualys BrowserCheck is a cross-platform and cross-browser SaaS service which help you to find the vulnerabilities in your browser and its plug-ins. This tool will also help you to fix the security issues discovered by the scan.
This plugin is available for only windows platform and works on all major browsers including Firefox,Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. This Plugin does NOT use or track your personal information and browser history.
Features of Qualys BrowserCheck:-
- It shows complete location of the checked file in the details
- It can read the complete version of the installed plugins to determine the status more accurately.
- It can also determine security status based on the version of associated files and not just the plugin file. One such example is Foxit Reader.
- It can also perform OS based dependent checks such as Service Pack information in determining the security status of some plugins such as Windows Media Player.
- It can do more comprehensive checks such as Firewall, OS security updates, Anti-Virus, Disk encryption.
If you are making updates for your browser then always Scan your browser and verify that your browser and plugins are correct and secure.If you find any vulnerabilities and any security issues then resolve this by making the recommended actions to get software update.
In the below figure, as you can see that it show the 6 issues detected in my browsers.