So Our Today topic what is Enumeration, You can check our earlier post on ethical hacking from here.
What is Enumeration?
So Basically Enumeration is the next process/steps after scanning and it is the process of gathering and compiling username, machine names, network resources, shares, and services and it also involves in active connections to systems and directed queries.
What is Main Objective of Enumeration:-
The Main objective of enumeration is to identify user accounts or less protected system account resources for hacking. So In the Enumeration Process hackers connects to computers in the target network using hacking tools and find the secure details to gain more information, these information will be
- Network resources and shares
- Users and groups
- Applications and banners
Steps for Enumeration:-
Basically Enumeration involves active connection to systems and directed queries. The type of information enumerated by intruders includes network resources and shares, users and groups and applications and banners, So check how it is performed.
1. Extract usernames using enumeration.
2. Gather information about the host using null sessions.
3. Perform Windows enumeration using the Superscan tool.
4. Acquire the user accounts using the tool GetAcct.
5. Perform SNMP port scanning.